Re: [HACKERS] Arbitrary tuple size - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Arbitrary tuple size
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Arbitrary tuple size
List pgsql-hackers
>If we get wide tuples, we could just throw all large objects into one
>table, and have an on it.  We can then vacuum it to compact space, etc.

I thought about that too. But if a table contains lots of LOs,
scanning of it will take for a long time. On the otherhand, if LOs are
stored outside the table, scanning time will be shorter as long as we
don't need to read the content of each LO type field.
--
Tatsuo Ishii