Re: [INTERFACES] Dumb Perl-related question - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Dumb Perl-related question
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, Jun 17, 1999 at 06:33:03PM +0000, Brendan McKenna wrote:

>     What I'm doing looks like this:
>
>    $query   = "select recipe_name, occasion, num_served, prep_time, " .
>               "freezable, instructions "                              .
>               "from recipe "                                          .
>               "where recipe_name = '$recipe';";

I'm no perl expert, but your problem sounds like the query is being
constructed without any quotes around the constant, so perl must be eat
them. Does this work?
              "where recipe_name = \'$recipe\';";

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer