Re: [SQL] Howto convert floats to text? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Martin Leja
Subject Re: [SQL] Howto convert floats to text?
Date
List pgsql-sql
At 14:51 04.06.99 +0200, you wrote:
>Use this PL/pgSQL script to create text(float), varchar(float), char(float):
>create function text(float) returns text as
>'begin
> return $1;
>end;
>' language 'plpgsql';

Thanks for the tip, but if i try the above, i get:
ERROR:  Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION: 'plpgsql'.
Recognized languages are sql, C, internal and the created procedural
languages.

what is pl/pgsql? I using postgres 6.3.2 (slink/stable debian package), do
i hve to upgrade to a higer version, or is this plpgsql thing to be
installed separately?

--
Regards, martin@unix-ag.org