Re: [HACKERS] Broken select on regular expression !!! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Broken select on regular expression !!!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> >Again very clear, and caused by the indexing of regex's, as you suggest.
>> >I can easily look for '|' in the string, and skip the optimization.  Is
>> >that the only special case I need to add?
>>
>> What about '{' ?
>
>Does it understand {?  Man, what kind of regex library do we have?

I vaguely recall that we used to support only "basic" regex. At least
I thought so. Now looking into the source, I found we have supported
"extended" regex. FYI, our regex routines definitely supprt '{'. See
backend/regex/re_format.7.

P.S.    I will commit a small regex test program under
backend/regex for the testing purpose.
--
Tatsuo Ishii