Re: [HACKERS] problems with parser - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] problems with parser
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> > Massimo, what version of Postgres are you running? Is this a new
> > problem in the v6.5 beta (which includes a few changes from Stefan
> > which might have adversely affected the behavior)?
>
> It was a snapshot of 10-15 days ago. I have seen the problem also in
> previous snapshots. The problem is in the grammar in the definition
> of multiple queries but unfortunately I don't know yacc enough to fix
> the bug.

The bug still exists.  Just start 'postgres' manually without the
postmaster, and type in a query:

#$ aspg gdb /u/pg/bin/postgresGNU gdb Copyright 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.GDB is free software, covered by the
GNUGeneral Public License, and youarewelcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certainconditions.Type
"showcopying" to see the conditions.There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" fordetails.This GDB
wasconfigured as "i386-unknown-bsdi4.0"...run -(gdb) run -D /u/pg/data testStarting program: /u/pg/bin/postgres -D
/u/pg/datatestPOSTGRES backend interactive interface $Revision: 1.111 $ $Date: 1999/05/09 23:31:47 $> select 1; select
2ERROR: parser: parse error at or near ""ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ""

> select 1;select 2;blank         1: ?column?    (typeid = 23, len = 4, typmod = -1, byval = t)        ----         1:
?column?= "1"      (typeid = 23, len = 4, typmod = -1, byval = t)        ----blank         1: ?column?    (typeid = 23,
len= 4, typmod = -1, byval = t)        ----         1: ?column? = "2"      (typeid = 23, len = 4, typmod = -1, byval =

Pennsylvania19026