Re: [SQL] Max Length of SQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tim Perdue
Subject Re: [SQL] Max Length of SQL
Date
List pgsql-sql

I will open-source it and write an article explaining how it works on
my PHPBuilder.com web site.

It needs to be further debugged right now, and I am expanding it so
that it can talk to NNTP servers too (any volunteers????).

--Tim

---pierre@desertmoon.com wrote:

> This sounds very cool....any chance of open sourcing it? So that
those of us
> who lack your most incredible skill can make use of it?
>
> -=pierre
>

> > I've written a Java program that runs every so often (by Cron),
then grabs
> > the email, slices and dices it and drops it into PGSQL.
> >
> > It's pretty cool.
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand BLOBS - are they indexable (ie fast
searches) and
> > are they stored inside the table?
> >
> > Is the example you gave appropriate for storing text? (looks like
graphics?)

> > Tim

Suggestions for

> > >The maximal lenght is 8192 cars.
> > >You might need BLOBs instead. Here's an example :
> > >
> > >     create table image (name text, raster oid);
> > >       insert into image (name, raster) values ('fichier', \
> > >          lo_import('/etc/motd'));
> > >       select lo_export(image.raster, '/tmp/motd') from image \
> > >          where name = 'fichier';
> > >
> > >Hope it helps.
> > >BTW, using Pg to store Mailing lists emais seems interesting.
> > >Do you have a daemon that gets the mails, then parse them and
> > >populate the DB with them ?...
> > >
> > >Fabrice

==