Re: [HACKERS] Syntax errors in current tree - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Syntax errors in current tree
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Thus spake Bruce Momjian
> > Fixed.  I assume people test the patches before submission, so I don't
>
> Not an unreasonable assumption.
>
> > usually compile after each one.  I did add some code in gram.y, and that
> > was what caused the problem.
>
> I don't think that the core maintainers should have to compile each
> and every patch before committing it.  However, perhaps a form letter
> can go out to each new submitter asking if their patch was tested and
> holding their first patch till they respond affirmatively.  Once they
> have a history, even of one patch, then accept their submissions as
> long as they appear good.
>
> Maybe we need a way to track this.  Anyone know of a good system for
> tracking this sort of BASic DATA.  :-)

Not really a problem.  Most patch problems are either my mucking with it
to merge it with other changes, or platform-specific problems that the
tester would never have see.  For example, Win32 used EINTR without
including errno.h.

Pennsylvania19026