RE: [INTERFACES] Updated IDL with considerations for COSS - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Robinson
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] Updated IDL with considerations for COSS
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
"Taral" <taral@cyberjunkie.com> writes:

>module PostgreSQL { // Note we already separate our namespace
>  module Types {
>    typedef short int2;
>    typedef short int4;
>    // etc.
>  }

Works for me.

>> I would recommend that fixed-length PostgreSQL types be defined as little-
>> endian arrays of long or octet type, whichever is appropriate.  E.g.:
>>
>>      typedef long pgtype_int8[2];
>>      typedef long pgtype_int28[4];
>>      typedef octet pgtype_macaddr[6];
>>      typedef octet pgtype_filename[256];

I think I meant big-endian (that *is* "network order", isn't it?  I always
forget).  Anyway, you get the point.

>P.S. Would it be possible to make a pgsql/src/corba module and let me check
>this IDL file into it? That way I don't have to keep reposting it.

Well, until it's fairly stable, keep reposting it.  That way people don't
have to keep checking for changes in the tree.

    -Michael Robinson