Re: [INTERFACES] Re: MICO - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Re: MICO
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Michael Robinson wrote:

> "Taral" <taral@cyberjunkie.com> write:
> >Turns out MICO has a C interface :) So I'm going to develop for MICO since:
>
> What are the compiler requirements for MICO?  I've heard that anything except
> the very latest gcc has unacceptable template support, and the latest egcs
> is really recommended for most hard-core C++ code (templates, exceptions,
> etc.).

    I've built it with 2.7.2.1 using MICOs 'built in STL' and with
2.8.x without it...both build beautifully under FreeBSD (and FreeBSD isn't
even listed on thei web site as "supported"...

    I wouldn't recommend egcs at this point...its too moving of a
target...will try again once 1.1.1 is released...

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org