Re: [HACKERS] initdb problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] initdb problem
Date
Re: [HACKERS] initdb problem  (Michael Meskes <meskes@online-club.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I am applying another patch to fix missing alignment information.
> Please try this and let me know.

> > > Linux 2.1.117, libc-5.4.46, egcs-2.91.50. My development computer is
> > > in home and I can't give you telnet account :-)
> >
> > I still have the same problem:
> >
> > ERROR:  fmgr_info: function 683: cache lookup failed
> >
> > ERROR:  fmgr_info: function 683: cache lookup failed
> >
> > I'm using Linux-2.1.117, glibc 2.0.7, gcc-2.7.2.3.
> >
> > And once again now telnet account as we're talking about my private notebook
> > only connected to the internet occassionally vie modem.
> >
> > > BTW, what's the best way to have several version of postgres on the
> > > same computer ?
> >
> > I'm interested in this too. I have the Debian prepackaged versoin of 6.3.2
> > and the development version. Seems to work fine, but then I only run one of
> > them. To start the other I stop the one running.

OK.  I did a little checking:

    #$ cd /pg/include/catalog/
    #$ grep 683 *.h
    #$ grep 682 *.h
    #$ grep 681 *.h
    pg_proc.h:DATA(insert OID = 681 (  oid8gt                          PGUID
    11 f t f 2 f 16 "30 30" 100 0 0 100  foo bar ));

    #$ sql test
    seleWelcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
      Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL

       type \? for help on slash commands
       type \q to quit
       type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
     You are currently connected to the database: test

    ctest=> select * from pg_proc where oid = 683
    test-> \g

proname|proowner|prolang|proisinh|proistrusted|proiscachable|pronargs|proretset|prorettype|proargtypes|probyte_pct|properbyte_cpu|propercall_cpu|prooutin_ratio|prosrc|probin

    (0 rows)

Your system is complaining about a lookup of 683.  Part of the problem
is that there is no reference to that number in the system catalog
stuff, nor on my running system.  Now I will say that 681 is one of the
new functions I added to allow indexing of the oid8 field.  My guess is
that somewhere you have something with that number in your source, and
it should not be there.

Try reproducing my 'grep' and see if you get anything.  If you do, the
somehow you have an old copy of the source.