Re: [HACKERS] What I'm working on - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] What I'm working on
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > I am working on a patch to:
> >
> >     remove oidname, oidint2, and oidint4
> >     allow the bootstrap code to create multi-key indexes
>
> Good man...always bugged me that the "old" hacked-in multikey
> indexes were there after Vadim let the user create them.

Also, pg_procname index really wanted a multi-key index, but did a
sequential scan of the index after the procname match to simulate it.
That is gone too.

> But...returning to Insight as of Sept.1st.  Once I get settled
> in, I should be to stay late a couple of evenings and get my
> old patches up-to-date.

The only thing I am concerned about is that beta is September 1.  I
would rather not dump lots of new patches in after the beta starts.  Do
we need to start beta after the 1st?  Not sure how to handle this.