Re: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Revised proposal for libpq and FE/BE protocol changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:
> I propose to revise libpq and modify the frontend/backend protocol
> to provide the following benefits:
>  * Provide a clean way of reading multiple results from a single query
>    string.  Among other things, this solves the problem of allowing a
>    single query to return several result sets with different descriptors.

Does this mean I can read in a complete C array with one call? I mean
something like this:

char emp_name[10][10];

exec sql select name into :emp_name from emp;

But then I didn't see anything like this in your examples. Do I have to
iterate using PQgetResult then?

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20