Re: [HACKERS] Solution to the pg_user passwd problem !?? (c) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ronald Baljeu
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Solution to the pg_user passwd problem !?? (c)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> ------- OTHER WISE ---- CAN WE STEAL IDEAS FROM OTHERS? --------
>
> I'm also running MySQL (trying to switch to PG, but waiting for ODBC
> to catch up), I like the mysql feature of inserting passords by:
>
>     insert into user (host,user,password)
>     values ("domain.com","dlorenso",password('psswrd');

Hmmm... When I read this, another (related) idea pops into my head.
It's probably nothing, but:

what about defining a new type 'passwd', with
an input (or output) routine which does the crypting?

Cheers,
Ronald