Re: [HACKERS] results of regression tests: NetBSD/i386 v1.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brook Milligan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] results of regression tests: NetBSD/i386 v1.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
   Do they illustrate platform-specific bugs? If not, then we all can use
   our own platforms for these examples.

I'm not sure how I would recognize platform-specific bugs since I only
have one platform.  In the past I've ignored them, but I just thought
this might be the time to point out problems that need attention in
case they are something unusual.

Diffs from the expected output yield things like:

- ERROR:  pg_atoi: error reading "100000": Math result not representable
+ ERROR:  pg_atoi: error reading "100000": Result too large

- ERROR:  Bad float8 input format '10e-400'
+ ERROR:  Bad float8 input format '-10e-400'

+ ERROR:  check_fkeys2_pkey_exist: tuple references non-existing key in pkeys
+ ERROR:  check_fkeys_pkey_exist: tuple references non-existing key in pkeys

- NOTICE:  check_pkeys_fkey_cascade: 1 tuple(s) of fkeys2 are deleted
+ ERROR:  check_fkeys2_fkey_restrict: tuple referenced in fkeys

- ERROR:  Cannot insert a duplicate key into a unique index

- NOTICE:  Non-functional update, only first update is performed

If these are general diffs, I'll ignore them; otherwise, I'll be glad
to give more specific information.

Cheers,
Brook