Re: [HACKERS] Re: Subselects open issue Nr. NEW - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: Subselects open issue Nr. NEW
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vadim B. Mikheev writes:
> I understand this. And this is how it works currently:
>
> select * from tab where (A,B) >= ANY (select X, Y from tab2);
>
> means: select tuples where A >= X _and_ B >= Y for some tuple from tab2.
>                                   ^^^^^
>          'AND' is used for all Op-s except for '<>' when 'OR' is used.
>
> Question is "should we drop this feature (?) or leave it as is ?"

If we have it, please keep it. Yes, it's not really standard but with some
docu that doesn't hurt. It's still better than an error message IMO. Also
this does make sense as a shortcut version of asking both to be greater or
equal. Did you ever try to do something like that in Oracle? I would have
loved this feature.

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20