rule system, perl and other good stuff - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brett McCormick
Subject rule system, perl and other good stuff
Date
List pgsql-hackers
don't want to bring up a touchy subject, BUT... does the rule system
actually work, and if not, what are our plans?  It would extend the
functionality of postgresql quite a bit and make it much more
attractive..  also I'm working on a modified version of pg with perl
language support.  that's right, perl.  so far I've got it to the
point where you can create perl functions (using anon sub refs) and
access your arguments and perform operations (from pg_operator) on
them.  I'll get the patches together soon, once I add operator
overloading :)

one more thing -- what about making the listen/notify interface
synchronous?  what must be done?  and... and...  select foo[5:] for
elements 5 and onward in array foo..