Re: [HACKERS] rule system, perl and other good stuff - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vadim B. Mikheev
Subject Re: [HACKERS] rule system, perl and other good stuff
Date
Re: [HACKERS] rule system, perl and other good stuff  (Brett McCormick <brett@work.chicken.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Brett McCormick wrote:

> don't want to bring up a touchy subject, BUT... does the rule system
> actually work, and if not, what are our plans?  It would extend the
> functionality of postgresql quite a bit and make it much more
> attractive..  also I'm working on a modified version of pg with perl
> language support.  that's right, perl.  so far I've got it to the
> point where you can create perl functions (using anon sub refs) and
> access your arguments and perform operations (from pg_operator) on
> them.  I'll get the patches together soon, once I add operator
> overloading :)

One question: is your perl language support compatible with
new dynamic language interface (CREATE LANGUAGE etc) ?

Vadim