Re: [HACKERS] The use of macros for heap_getattr. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] The use of macros for heap_getattr.
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> The compiler I'm using breaks while compiling aclchk.c, in particular, when
> processing the heap_getattr macro.  Yes, I know that it may compile with gcc
> (may, because I have not tried it yet), but I would rather not have to rely on
> gcc.  Would it be possible to include the non-macro version as a static
> function in the appropiate header file?  This would allow the compiler to
> in-line the function if it would provide a speed increase.

Send me the error, and try and determine what makes it break.  I will
try to change it so your compiler will work.  I used no gcc-specific
stuff in there that I know of.  Also, try removing stuff until it
compiles so I can know what it exactly does not like.

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist@candle.pha.pa.us