Re: [HACKERS] Bug? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Bug?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:
> I think it converts it to an integer, and then by the time it tries to
> convert it, it has already chopped off the top of the number.  The only
> fix for this would be to read all integers in as 64-bit integers, then
> do the conversion, but that could be a performance problem.

I agree. And performance is important. I think explicit type conversion is
what we should do. Or is it asked for too much if the user has to add a
::float8 to the number?

Michael

--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20