Re: ERROR: text search configuration "pg_catalog.english" does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: text search configuration "pg_catalog.english" does not exist
Date
List pgsql-general
Tim Child <tim@timc3.com> writes:
> In my snowball_create.sql I find:
> -- No language-specific snowball dictionaries, for lack of shared
> library support

Really!?

> This build comes from postgresqlformac.com the "Unified Installer -
> 8.3.0 (PostgreSQLforMac)"

Hm, do they have plpgsql or any of the other PLs?  It's hard to credit
that anyone would put out a build without shared library support.
There's too much functionality that goes missing.

> Now I am considering that it might have been better to compile my own,
> but before I do this is there anyway to get the libraries /
> dictionaries installed?

What you need is a non-lobotomized build.  You should be able to fix the
problem without re-initdb, if you need to, by running the real
snowball_create.sql script against each of your databases.

            regards, tom lane