Re: ERROR: missing cache data for cache id 27 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: missing cache data for cache id 27
Date
List pgsql-general
Jorge Godoy <jgodoy@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm using PostgreSQL 8.1.4 and psql 8.1.4 as well.

This was fixed in 8.1.5 ... or at least the only known cause was fixed.

    * src/: backend/utils/cache/catcache.c,
    backend/utils/cache/syscache.c, include/utils/catcache.h
    (REL8_1_STABLE), backend/utils/cache/catcache.c,
    backend/utils/cache/syscache.c, include/utils/catcache.h
    (REL8_0_STABLE), backend/utils/cache/catcache.c,
    backend/utils/cache/syscache.c, include/utils/catcache.h: Fix
    SysCacheGetAttr() to handle the case where the specified syscache
    has not been initialized yet.  This can happen because there are
    code paths that call SysCacheGetAttr() on a tuple originally
    fetched from a different syscache (hopefully on the same catalog)
    than the one specified in the call.  It doesn't seem useful or
    robust to try to prevent that from happening, so just improve the
    function to cope instead.  Per bug#2678 from Jeff Trout.  The
    specific example shown by Jeff is new in 8.1, but to be on the safe
    side I'm backpatching 8.0 as well.  We could patch 7.x similarly
    but I think that's probably overkill, given the lack of evidence of
    old bugs of this ilk.

            regards, tom lane