Re: BUG #6633: PL/Python build does not honor PYTHON on Mac OS X - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #6633: PL/Python build does not honor PYTHON on Mac OS X
Date
List pgsql-bugs
clay@daemons.net writes:
> According to a Homebrew bug report
> (https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/issues/11162):
> "You should submit a bug report to PostgreSQL as they can't assume Python is
> always built as a Framework on Darwin. They should be using python-config to
> get the gory details."

Hmm ... on my Mac,

$ python-config
Usage: /usr/bin/python-config [--prefix|--exec-prefix|--includes|--libs|--cflags|--ldflags|--help]

None of those options produce anything including "-framework Python".
So I think your upstream needs to clarify to us benighted database geeks
exactly how this needs to be done, in such a way that it doesn't break
the existing working cases while fixing their case.

            regards, tom lane