Re: numeric regression test passes, but why? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: numeric regression test passes, but why?
Date
Re: numeric regression test passes, but why?
List pgsql-hackers
Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net> writes:
> I see there are some tests in src/test/regress:
> [ that don't work for me ]
> Is there some special GUC setting in effect during the make check
> that would be different in my ordinary session? What else could
> be different? This is making me question my sanity.

Hm, it won't help your sanity to know that those cases pass fine
for me, interactively, on a couple of different machines:

$ psql postgres
psql (11devel)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=#  select 0.12 ^ (-25);
                 ?column?
 104825960103961013959336.4983657883169110
(1 row)

postgres=# select 0.5678 ^ (-85);
                ?column?
 782333637740774446257.7719390061997396
(1 row)

You sure you're using a stock build of Postgres?  No handmade
versions of operator ^ lying around?