Re: Last gasp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua Berkus
Subject Re: Last gasp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Ultimately, we're herding cats here.  I don't think you're going to
> get
> the community to suddenly be willing to march in lockstep instead.

If you, Peter, Simon, Robert, Heikki, Magnus, Peter G., Greg, Bruce and Andrew agreed on a calendar-driven, mostly
unambiguousprocess and adhered to that process, then the one or two people who didn't follow along wouldn't matter.
Everyoneelse would follow you.  The reason things are chaotic now is that our lead committers do not have consensus and
areeven inconsistent from CF to CF individually.

In other words: the problem is only unsolvable because *you* think it's unsolvable.   If you decide the problem is
solvable,you already have the means to solve it.

--Josh Berkus