Re: Bug of ALTER TABLE DROP CONSTRAINT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug of ALTER TABLE DROP CONSTRAINT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Nikhil Sontakke wrote:
>> Warrants an entry in the TODO items list:
>>
>> * make NOT NULL constraints have pg_constraint entries, just like CHECK
>> constraints

> This is now a TODO item (I just updated the description):

>     Store the constraint names of NOT NULL constraints

I was intending to do that yesterday, but lost interest after
discovering how many duplicate, obsolete, and/or mutually contradictory
TODO entries there are related to constraints.  That needs to be cleaned
up and consolidated sometime.

Also, what is wrong with the precise statement of the TODO item that
Nikhil gave?  The one you gave would encourage someone to waste time on
a 100% wrong implementation (like adding a constraint name column to
pg_attribute).