Re: New Object Access Type hooks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New Object Access Type hooks
Date
Re: New Object Access Type hooks  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Usually the test would succeed anyway because of matching the
> second or third regex alternative, but I wonder if there is
> some other spelling of libpq's complaint that shows up
> occasionally.  It'd be nice if we could see the contents of
> $killme_stderr upon failure.

OK, now I'm confused, because pump_until is very clearly
*trying* to report exactly that:

        if (not $proc->pumpable())
        {
            diag("pump_until: process terminated unexpectedly when searching for \"$until\" with stream:
\"$$stream\"");
            return 0;
        }

and if I intentionally break the regex then I do see this
output when running the test by hand:

# Running: pg_ctl kill QUIT 1922645
ok 4 - killed process with SIGQUIT
# pump_until: process terminated unexpectedly when searching for "(?^m:WARNING:  terminating connection because of
crashof another server process|server closed the connection foounexpectedly|connection to server was lost)" with
stream:"psql:<stdin>:9: WARNING:  terminating connection because of unexpected SIGQUIT signal
# psql:<stdin>:9: server closed the connection unexpectedly
#       This probably means the server terminated abnormally
#       before or while processing the request.
# "
not ok 5 - psql query died successfully after SIGQUIT

Is our CI setup failing to capture stderr from TAP tests??