Re: New Object Access Type hooks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New Object Access Type hooks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> I just got a crash in this test again.  Are you still interested?  I still have the logs.  No core file appears to
havebeen generated.
> The test failure is
> not ok 5 - psql query died successfully after SIGQUIT

Hmm ... I can see one problem with that test:

ok( pump_until(
        $killme,
        $psql_timeout,
        \$killme_stderr,
        qr/WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process|server closed the connection
unexpectedly|connectionto server was lost/m
    ),
    "psql query died successfully after SIGQUIT");

It's been a little while since that message looked like that.
Nowadays you get

WARNING:  terminating connection because of unexpected SIGQUIT signal
        before or while processing the request.

Usually the test would succeed anyway because of matching the
second or third regex alternative, but I wonder if there is
some other spelling of libpq's complaint that shows up
occasionally.  It'd be nice if we could see the contents of
$killme_stderr upon failure.