Re: jsonb generator functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: jsonb generator functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Also here is a patch factored out which applies the
>> find_coercion_pathway change to json.c. I'm inclined to say we should
>> backpatch this to 9.4 (and with a small change 9.3). Thoughts?

Meh.  Maybe I'm just feeling gunshy because I broke something within
the past 24 hours, but at this point (with 9.4.0 wrap only 3 days away)
I'm inclined to avoid any 9.4 code churn that's not clearly necessary.
You argued upthread that this change would not result in any behavioral
changes in which cast method gets selected.  If that's true, then we don't
really need to back-patch; while if it turns out not to be true, we
definitely don't want it in 9.3 and I'd argue it's too late for 9.4 also.

In short, I think it's fine for the 9.4 JSON code to start diverging
from HEAD at this point ...