Re: Weird behaviour with ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE ... statement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Weird behaviour with ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE ... statement
Date
Re: Weird behaviour with ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE ... statement
List pgsql-hackers
> Yeah, seems like we need to allocate a new relfilenode in the new
> tablespace.

I looked into tablecmds.c and verified that ATExecSetTableSpace doesn't
worry about selecting a new relfilenode.  I'm also noticing a number of
permissions-type checks that seem like they'd better be done in
ATPrepSetTableSpace, because we don't go through ATExecSetTableSpace
if the table requires rewriting for other reasons.  All in all this
code seems to need more careful review than it's gotten so far.
You want to do it?