Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/main/main.c backend/p ... - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/main/main.c backend/p ...
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> And tested?  I didn't say that I thought elog would work in main.c.
>> In fact I'm pretty certain it won't.

> Compiles/regression tests pass.

You need to test the cases that will produce elog output.

> This is why I removed elog in the first place, because I thought it
> wouldn't work up higher before the guc load, but you said it would use
> the default.  Are you saying it only works after guc is loaded?

No, I specifically said it didn't need guc.  But it does need palloc,
which means MemoryContextInit() has to run first.  I could see running
find_my_exec immediately before InitializeGUCOptions() in PostmasterMain.

            regards, tom lane