Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/main/main.c backend/p ... - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/src backend/main/main.c backend/p ...
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> > so it has to be earlier.  I can put it much earlier in both postgres and
> > postmaster, but by having it in main.c, I have it in only one place.  It
> > doesn't do any palloc or anything fancy, because of course it is also
> > used by client apps.
>
> > Patch attached and applied.
>
> And tested?  I didn't say that I thought elog would work in main.c.
> In fact I'm pretty certain it won't.

Compiles/regression tests pass.

This is why I removed elog in the first place, because I thought it
wouldn't work up higher before the guc load, but you said it would use
the default.  Are you saying it only works after guc is loaded?  Seems
we have a chicken and egg thing here.  I think the guc load needs the
default timezone, and for that we need the exec path so we can find
share.

So, what do you want with the code?