Re: What are the consequences of a bad database design - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Costin Manda
Subject Re: What are the consequences of a bad database design
Date
List pgsql-general
> But the people i am working with are not considering the restructuring of
> the database. They are even thinking of expanding it by adding new
> modules.

> Please can someone advise me, or tell me what to do, what may be the
> consequences

  I have been working with databases for web scripts (PHP) and all sorts
of stupid billing systems and databases. Right now my system uses PHP to
access mysql, postgres and mssql databases in the same time. The only
possible solution for many of these problems was to create by own
database with my own tables and create a script to replicate the data
from one to the other periodically.
   I think that you should try to move the system to your own way of
thinking and doing things and leave them the alternatives. Sooner or
later they will use your system as it is better.

E-Mail powered by MadNet.
http://www.madnet.ro/