Re: Upgrade Process Says "The database server was not shut downcleanly" but it was - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Upgrade Process Says "The database server was not shut downcleanly" but it was
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/11/20 2:45 PM, TalGloz wrote:
> Well I tried your steps, both Postgres 10 and 12 are in perfect running
> conditions and were shut down using the "systemctl" command. When I execute:
>
> /usr/pgsql-12/bin/pg_upgrade --old-bindir=/usr/pgsql-10/bin/
> --new-bindir=/usr/pgsql-12/bin/ --old-datadir=/var/lib/pgsql/10/data
> --new-datadir=/var/lib/pgsql/12/data --old-options '-c
> config_file=/var/lib/pgsql/10/data/postgresql.conf' --new-options '-c
> config_file=/var/lib/pgsql/12/data/postgresql.conf' --check

The --*-options  are redundant as you have already pointed pg_upgrade at
them with --*-datadir. Not sure it has anything to do with this, but you
might want to take them out just to be sure.

Have you run:

ps ax| grep post

before and between steps to make sure there is not a Postgres instance
running?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com