Re: Vacuumdb Fails: Huge Tuple - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Vacuumdb Fails: Huge Tuple
Date
List pgsql-general
Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> writes:
> Patch removes checking of TOAST_INDEX_TARGET and use checking only by
> GinMaxItemSize which is greater than TOAST_INDEX_TARGET. All size's check is now
> in GinFormTuple.

Looks reasonable, although since the error is potentially user-facing
I think we should put a bit more effort into the error message
(use ereport and make it mention the index name, at least --- is there
any other useful information we could give?)

Will you apply this, or do you want me to?

            regards, tom lane