Re: BUG #2303: UPDATE from manual is incorrect - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #2303: UPDATE from manual is incorrect
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> "Massimo Fidanza" <malix0@gmail.com> writes:
>> this query is not correct and doesn't work with postgresql 8.1.

> It still works, if you enable add_missing_from.

I take that back --- FROM is not the issue (indeed, it has one).
The problem is the ORDER BY and LIMIT clauses.  I dunno who put
in this example, but I'd like some of what they were smoking.
I've taken it out again, since without that it's not really showing
anything that the prior examples don't cover.

            regards, tom lane