Re: regresssion script hole - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: regresssion script hole
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> 8.0 pg_regress:
>         postmaster_options="$postmaster_options -c listen_addresses=''"
> 8.1 pg_regress:
>         postmaster_options="$postmaster_options -c listen_addresses="

and in fact here's the commit that changed that:

* src/test/regress/pg_regress.sh: Change shell syntax that seemsnot to work right on FreeBSD 6-CURRENT buildfarm
machines.

So apparently it's some generic disease of the BSD shell.  I should have
back-patched at the time but did not.  Will take care of it.

On the timezone search business, it's still the case that HEAD will
search through all the timezones if it's not given an explicit setting
(eg an explicit environment TZ value).  We could suppress that by having
pg_regress set TZ, but then the regression tests wouldn't exercise the
search code at all, which is probably not a great idea.