Re: Failed Assert in pgstat_assoc_relation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Failed Assert in pgstat_assoc_relation
Date
Re: Failed Assert in pgstat_assoc_relation  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On December 1, 2022 9:48:48 PM PST, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I'd suggest putting in an assertion that the relkind isn't changing,
>> instead.

> Sounds like a plan. Will you do that when you remove the table-to-view hack?

I'd suggest committing it concurrently with the v15 fix, instead,
so that there's a cross-reference to what some future hacker might
need to install if they remove the assertion.

I guess that means that the table-to-view removal has to go in
first.  I should be able to take care of that tomorrow, or if
you're in a hurry I don't mind if you commit it for me.