BUG #18572: Crash during postgresql-16.3-2-windows-x64.exe installation - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PG Bug reporting form
Subject BUG #18572: Crash during postgresql-16.3-2-windows-x64.exe installation
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      18572
Logged by:          Paul Tobey
Email address:      ptobey@rainbird.com
PostgreSQL version: 16.3
Operating system:   Windows 10

When installing on Windows 10 I've hit this error, displayed in a dialog
during unattended mode installation:

"Error copying file from packed archive [location] to [temp
folder]/prerun_checks.vbs: Destination not writable" with Abort, Retry,
Ignore

If I Abort, the follow up message is:

"system's temp folder is not writable by the current user"

The folder *is* writable by the user running the exe (who is a member of the
Administrators group, BTW). I've captured the
installbuilder_installer_[number].log file, but there's nothing very
obviously useful there (I've obfuscated my domain and user names):

    Log started 08/06/2024 at 12:49:31
    Preferred installation mode : unattended
    Trying to init installer in mode qt
    Mode qt successfully initialized
    Setting variable whoami from C:\WINDOWS\System32\whoami
    Script exit code: 0

    Script output:
      [mydomain]\[myusername]

    Script stderr:

As I recall, there was a similar issue in Windows Server for a time, fixed
in 16.3-2. There still seems to be a problem in the Win 1x OSes.