Re: Compiling under MSYS and Windows 7 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Compiling under MSYS and Windows 7
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Bidski" <bidski@bigpond.net.au> writes:
> "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> It seems like you have a pretty nonfunctional build environment :-(
>> I'm not sure that mingw can be expected to work in 64-bit windows.

> I have successfully built other libraries/packages (wxWidgets, xerces-c,
> boost) using this toolchain, so I believe that it is working but maybe
> PostgreSQL wants something that the others didnt?

Sorry, no idea, I don't do Windows.  The folks who might be able to
comment on that probably aren't reading -novice --- you might try
asking on pgsql-general.

It occurs to me that this might not be entirely independent of the
fact that you can't make the prebuilt .dll work for you, either.
But I'd just be guessing about that.

            regards, tom lane