Re: Forcing current WAL file to be archived - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Forcing current WAL file to be archived
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Patch included to implement xlog switching, using an xlog record
> "processing instruction" and forcibly moving xlog pointers.

Applied with revisions.  I didn't like the extra state you added to
track whether an xlog switch had occurred --- the more bits of
interdependent state the more chance for bugs, IMHO, and it seemed
unnecessary since it's easy enough to test whether we are at a
segment boundary.  I also made the new user-level functions a bit
more orthogonal, so that filenames could be extracted from the
existing functions like pg_stop_backup.

            regards, tom lane