Re: Forcing current WAL file to be archived - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Forcing current WAL file to be archived
Re: Forcing current WAL file to be archived
List pgsql-patches

> I also made the new user-level functions a bit
> more orthogonal, so that filenames could be extracted from the
> existing functions like pg_stop_backup.

Something Hannu wrote has just reminded me that
pg_current_xlog_location() returns the current Insert pointer rather
than the current Write pointer.

That would not be useful for streaming xlog records would it?

Methinks it should be the Write pointer all of the time, since I can't
think of a valid reason for wanting to know where the Insert pointer is
*before* we've written to the xlog file. Having it be the Insert pointer
could lead to some errors.

Any objections if I correct that?

--
  Simon Riggs