Re: Need help extripating plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Need help extripating plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
"James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca> writes:
> If all the elements contained in the standard templates had their
> ownerships changed to that of the owner of the new database then my
> problem would never have arisen.  I do not understand why this is not
> the case.  Is there a reason why this is so?

I don't see why you expect that.  Should a non-superuser database owner
have the ability to redefine, say, sum(int4)?  You might as well just
give him superuser privileges.

In PG's security model, ownership of a database does *not* automatically
confer any privileges with respect to the contained objects.  It doesn't
really give much at all except the ability to drop or rename the
database as a whole.

            regards, tom lane