Re: Need help extripating plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James B. Byrne
Subject Re: Need help extripating plpgsql
Date
Re: Need help extripating plpgsql  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>)
Re: Need help extripating plpgsql  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, February 21, 2013 16:02, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 02/21/2013 12:14 PM, James B. Byrne wrote:

>> The current arrangement is not really satisfactory as it requires
>> either separate template databases for each userid granted the
>> DBCREATE role or the superuser role has to be granted in place of
>> the DBCREATE role.
>>

> That is sort of the point of the template system, different templates
> for different situations.

Creating a new database from the system provided standard templates is
not what I would consider a different situation requiring a
specialized template for each and every user granted the DBCREATE
role.  Requiring that seems to me to be busywork and a complete waste
of DBA resources.

If all the elements contained in the standard templates had their
ownerships changed to that of the owner of the new database then my
problem would never have arisen.  I do not understand why this is not
the case.  Is there a reason why this is so?

--=20
James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3