Re: Test suite fails on non-default configuration - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Test suite fails on non-default configuration
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
>         // PostgreSQL defaults to READ COMMITTED
>         assertEquals(Connection.TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED,
>                      con.getTransactionIsolation());

> Should the unit tests really be failing based on configuration
> options?

Well, for a comparison point, you can certainly make the server's
regression tests fail too if you whack the configuration around enough.
I agree that the above seems perhaps overly fragile, but I don't think
you can expect to have a general principle that the JDBC tests should
pass regardless of configuration.  It's more a question of how painful
is it to support any particular nondefault configuration choice, and
does it seem worth it based on real-world usage of the choice.

            regards, tom lane