Re: Poll: are people okay with function/operator table redesign? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Poll: are people okay with function/operator table redesign?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> Please see latest attached. I've eliminated the !important, condensed
> the CSS, and the desultory (yes, my word of the week) testing did not
> find issues in devel or earlier versions.

> Please let me know if this works for you. If it does, I'll push it up to
> pgweb.

NAK ... that does *not* work for me.

It looks to me like you are expecting that "margin" with four parameters
will override an outer-level setting of margin-bottom, but that is not
how my browser is responding.  ISTM you need to explicitly set the very
same parameters in the more-specific rule as in the less-specific rule
that you want to override.

I get reasonable results with these settings, but not with
anything more abbreviated:

#docContent table.table th.func_table_entry p,
#docContent table.table td.func_table_entry p {
  margin-top: 0.1em;
  margin-bottom: 0.1em;
  padding-left: 4em;
  text-align: left;
}

#docContent table.table p.func_signature {
  text-indent: -3.5em;
}

#docContent table.table td.func_table_entry pre.programlisting {
  background-color: inherit;
  border: 0;
  margin-top: 0.1em;
  margin-bottom: 0.1em;
  padding: 0;
  padding-left: 4em;
}

In particular, it might look like the multiple padding settings
in the pre.programlisting rule are redundant ... but they are not, at
least not with Safari.