Re: [HACKERS] PLpgSQL Stat Problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PLpgSQL Stat Problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andy Lewis <alewis@themecca.net> writes:
>> I got the following error after trying to copy the example at:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-sql/1999-04/msg00076.html
>>
>> test=> select a(pin,first_name) from ibs_subscriber ;
>> ERROR:  stat failed on file ${exec_prefix}/lib/plpgsql.so

Looks like the system is trying to use the literal filename
"${exec_prefix}/lib/plpgsql.so", which of course is not right.

I'm guessing that when you copied the CREATE FUNCTION out of the
example, you just cut and pasted without doing the shell variable
expansion that was supposed to happen to replace ${exec_prefix}
with /usr/local/pgsql ...