Re: panic failed to add item - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: panic failed to add item
Date
List pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
>>> I get this running mnogosearch against my 8.4.1 database consistently:
>>> PANIC: �failed to add item to the right sibling in index "logged_in_uid"

Hmm, if uid is an integer then all the index entries will be the same
size, which eliminates my first theory about there being some corner
case where we're (still) choosing an infeasible split point.  Can you
comment about the insertion pattern for uid's --- are they ever-increasing
for instance?  Do you have any special properties such as fillfactor set
on that index?

            regards, tom lane