Re: typedef struct LogicalDecodingContext - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: typedef struct LogicalDecodingContext
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> writes:
> Apparently, not all C99 compilers can be assumed to work using the
> strict C99 rules.

While googling this issue I came across a statement that clang currently
defaults to C17 rules.  Even relatively old compilers might default to
C11.  But considering how long we held on to C89, I doubt we'll want
to move the project minimum to C11 for some years yet.

> So I will abandon this idea.

There might still be room to do something here, just not quite
that way.  Maybe some actual header refactoring is called for?