RE: Problem during Windows service start - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Higuchi, Daisuke
Subject RE: Problem during Windows service start
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Paquier wrote:
> You should register this patch to the next commit fest in the section for bug fixes to not lose sight of it;

Thank you for picking up my post. I registered to the next CF.

> I haven't put much thoughts into what you propose here, but this status message is not really helpful for the user.

Thank you for review. I attached the updated patch. There are some reasons for server startup failing, so I changed the
messagelike following:

+            case PQPING_NO_RESPONSE:
+            case PQPING_NO_ATTEMPT:
+                write_eventlog(EVENTLOG_ERROR_TYPE, _("Server startup failed. Examine the log output.\n"));
+                pgwin32_SetServiceStatus(SERVICE_STOPPED);

Regards,
Daisuke, Higuchi

Attachment