Re: fork/exec patch: pre-CreateProcess finalization - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: fork/exec patch: pre-CreateProcess finalization
Date
Re: fork/exec patch: pre-CreateProcess finalization  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: fork/exec patch: pre-CreateProcess finalization  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> Something after 2003/11/20 enhanced the query cancel handling. Namely,
> CVS tip now responds to a query cancel with a postmaster restart
> canceling all queries. Could the fork/exec stuff be responsible for this?

Whoever changed this:

    status = ProcessStartupPacket(port, false);

    if (status != STATUS_OK)
        return 0;                /* cancel request processed, or error */

to this:

    status = ProcessStartupPacket(port, false);

    if (status != STATUS_OK)
    {
        ereport(LOG,
                (errmsg("connection startup failed")));
        proc_exit(status);
    }

is responsible.  May we have an explanation of the thought process,
if any?

            regards, tom lane